CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

4 Months Old!







Watching football with Daddy

I know I have been slacking in my blog posts, but my life has become a "schedule" and we have been in sleep training mode so nothing too exciting has been happening.  The girls are now 4 months old and are just the happiest little things and always smiling.  Well, that is until the bewitching hour of 5:00pm when the overtiredness sets in and the crankiness starts.  We are still in sleep training mode and trying to teach these girls how to sleep more than 30 minutes during nap time!!!!!!!  I've read all the books that tell you to let them cry it out and "ferberize" them but these little zombies will have none of that.  I let them cry it out for what seems like hours, and then finally go in to pop in the  pacifier, and they just start smiling and laughing at me.  I'm actually better at leaving them in their cribs to work it out but their daddy is a total sucker.  He can't take it and they know it.  So by the end of the day, they are exhausted with red eyes and lately have been in bed by 6:30.  The good news is they are great night sleepers so I'm not complaining too much.  They have been in their big girl cribs for the past month and the transition was smooth but they still like listening to the frantic hairdryer sound which sounds awful and continues to make me wonder what this means about their personalities.  I am wondering if the passengers on the airplane will mind this sound as we are traveling 24 hours to the US? 

Always holding each other
Reghan is still beating out Rylee in the weight game as she is 13.3 lbs and Rylee is 12.7 lbs.  Not too much but it seems they have a ways to go since their cousin, Millie, who is two months younger is the same weight as Rylee!  As they get older, they are really starting to take more notice of each other.  They love to be touching each other when they are close and don't seem to care one bit if they kick each other in the face or suck on each others hands.  I wonder if that will be true when they are 12?  Reghan is really starting to reach for things and they both are rolling all over the floor.  When we are gone on holiday, our helper is going to child proof this house.  We figure they will be crawling or near crawling when we get back and this place is definitely not child friendly.  And Leni is hard core about safety and sterilization so I feel confident it will be deemed "safe".

I haven't written much about our helper, Leni, but we were definitely blessed with a good one.  She loves our babies and takes the ultimate care with them.  She just finished taking a first aid/cpr class and came home full of even more knowledge and is even more rigid about their care.  I know we drive her crazy because we are not that rigid.  It's a good balance.  And the best part of having a Leni is no housework for me!  She is up in the morning with the bottles cleaned, my coffee made and the housework started.  She even irons our t-shirts.  I had a day of jealousy wondering if the girls were going to love her more and think she is their mom and was ready to let her go to do it all by myself when Joe looked at me and said, "but I really like my t-shirts ironed."  So, I got over that real quick and living back in reality... well, Singapore reality.  That will be the one thing that will be hard to get used to when we are back home! 

Having someone live in your home that is not family is hard to get used to at first but once you see how easy it makes your life, you get use to it real fast.  Of course, there are things that drive me crazy but they are really small on the scale.  In fact, for those of you that know me well, will laugh at what makes me nuts. She makes this "shhhhhhing" sound when the babies are upset that literally puts me over the edge of insanity.  And when she is giving one of them their bottle, she constantly smells their head.  Anytime I tell someone that, they say but babies smell good and I know that but I still think it is weird.  It all then plays into my conspiracy theory that she secretly thinks they are hers and she is plotting the day she is going to steal them.  Joe thinks I'm a nut job.  :-)

Well, that's enough for today!  I think this might have been a little lengthy but that should make up for my slacking.  It has been about 30 minutes, so I'm sure my free time is dwindling!  I'm taking some cooking classes so I'll write about that in my next post...

36 DAYS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment